15 June 2007

Ooh, ooh! Pick Meme!

I've been tagged! Veronica popped my meme cherry. That saucy minx.

Now, being a veritable blushing maiden in blogger years, I have no idea whether this is cool or lame. You all may be rolling your eyes and elbowing each other, with a "Hey, Hat, check out the new kid!" I, however, blissfully unaware of those possible goings-on, choose to believe that I am, in fact, amazingly cool.

Bitchin', one might even say.

Sweet! OK kids, here we go! This here game is called Pieces of Eight. I guess I should pick things that are not on the "however many things about me" list. (I'm so excited. My first time. I hope they can't tell I've never done this before. Did I shave this morning?! Shit. )

Rules:
1) Post the rules, then list 8 things about yourself.
2) At the end of the post, tag and link to 8 other people
3) Leave a comment at those sites, letting them know they've been tagged, and asking them to come read the post so they know what to do.

  • I can wiggle my eyes. It looks like they're vibrating. It freaks people out.

  • I have 2 dog bite scars on the inside of my right forearm. I was in 4th grade. The dog, a German Shepard named Midnight, went for my face. Just by reflex, I threw my arm up in front of my face. It got my sleeve and a couple of chunks of arm. A plastic surgeon had to do the work on one of the bites. The nerves under it are still funky. Turns out the dog had bitten 3 other people. One guy, trying to save his toddler nephew from the dog, permanently lost the use of his thumb. The dog was quarantined, the owner let him out anyway, the cops were called. My dad was one of the cops. Vet gave the dog enough tranquilizer for a 400lb animal. It was still up, and charged the vet. My dad shot it. I was furious at my dad. The lady got a new GS puppy, named it Midnight the Second, and was bitchy to me and my sister until we moved.

  • I love to play chess, but basically suck at it.

  • I love to color. With crayons and coloring books. It has to be Crayola crayons. Fuck that Rose-Art shit. I also still love to Play-Do. If there is a heaven, I'm pretty sure part of it smells like Crayola and Play-Do. Yes, of course I tried to eat it as a kid. We all did.

  • When I was a kid, my mom didn't believe in Barbie. Sis and I had The Sunshine Family. They were a family with a baby, country house, jeep, Grandma & Grandpa, dog, and cat. They were the hippie version of Barbie. We lost the baby's clothes, and used popped balloons to make a sort of colorful Onesie for the baby.

  • I've never had a broken bone.

  • My sister and I had "characters" growing up. We'd play these games where we were a talking cat, a Great Dane who was also a drill sergeant type persona, spoof characters based on some weird neighbors we had. Those were the main ones. The characters had their own voices, history, personalities, expressions. Sometimes we'd go days without breaking character. This was pretty much one step away from a multiple personality disorder. Make-believe is run of the mill play for little kids, but we continued it until I left home. Actually, we still do it when we see each other.

  • I'm artistic, and will go on manic creativity jags, but never really do anything with it. I wish I did.

OK, whom shall I tag? (I remember Eric doing something like this recently, so he's off the hook.) See, this is where being a relatively new kid is a disadvantage -- not sure if you guys will be all, "Hey! Cowbell tagged me! Sweeet!" or if you'll throw virtual tomatoes at me. Oh well, here goes anydamnway [pushing up sleeves and readying pointer finger]:


Eurotrippen, The Hat, Willym, Belle, not to be confused with Lynette, Allan, Sling, and ... Quakerjono.

Oh, and if any of you have already done this ... tough crap. (You thought I was going to apologize, and excuse you, didn't you?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

(points...laughs at new kid)
Well, I'm happy to indulge you because I no longer take this blogging thing seriously. For a long while there, I was expecting it to be the ultimate creative writing outlet. I was going to meet and mingle with great minds and get 'discovered' by some roaming billionaire in need of pithy banter. Laughity laugh snort. But now I see it for the YouTube forwarding service that it is.

more cowbell said...

So ... that billionaire thing, it doesn't actually work?

Crap.

Anonymous said...

The eye thing? We have that in common! No wonder I think you are so cool. Well, that and your intelligence and progressive sensibilities...

QuakerJono said...

Oh, ha, ha! This is my first one as well. I'm so excited!

Red Seven said...

I loved it. And ... thanks for letting me off the hook, only because I can't think of anymore things to say at this point. A person is only so interesting, y'know? And extra thanks for tagging some of my favorite blogfriends.

more cowbell said...

Tater -- no way! Sweet! I've only met a handful of fellow eyeball wigglers. The first was in 8th grade, when I tried to freak out my friend Tim Webster, who stared at me for a second, then vibrated his own eyes right back at me. We were both amazed.

Sling said...

Hey!..I can do they eye wiggle thing too!
Having already spent an excessive amount of time,and several billion dollars roaming the internet in search of pithy banter,it will be my pleasure to focus on this tag.
Congrats on losing your virginity and all.. ;)

Allan said...

The first meme is free.

BigAssBelle said...

so happy to know more about you, little cowbell girl. damn, this is so stupid: The lady got a new GS puppy, named it Midnight the Second, . . . bitch couldn't handle one dog, so she gets another? should have shot her.

more cowbell said...

Sling: are you pulling my leg? If not, we should do a study on what is drawing the eye wigglers to the same cyber area.

Allan -- Can we charge after the first?

Lynette: yeah, there's actually more to the story -- she'd had to go to court over the dog before. We had to go, as well. I remember Mom bought sis and I matching outfits. The lady showed up in a shortass skirt, actually flirted with the judge, got some sort of extension, and that's when she violated the quarantine.

When the bite happened, she came out and walked me to my house -- we had 2 Great Danes, sweet as pie, but when they saw me all freaked out with this strange bitch, they started growling at her. She had the nerve to start going off about how I'd better make sure my dogs didn't bite her. Crazy bitch. I'm lucky I didn't end up with my face torn up.

Sling said...

Really..You just kind of go nearsighted,and everything vibrates from right to left.It happens between the temples..Am I lyin'?.. ;)

Belle said...

OOOh! A Meme. I've never had a broken bone, either. And the coloring? yeah... and the characters? yeah... Are you sure you aren't me???