03 February 2008

The Underdogs Pull It Out!!!

Whoooooooooooooo-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Eli and his boys pulled it off! A Wild Card team now, a team no one thought had a chance, came up to pick off the Perfect Season Patriots. Hell yeah baby.


And to those of you who told me it couldn't happen, who were even a little cocky about it ........ nah, I won't go there. Sorry, all you Pats fans, I feel for you; I know I'd be ready to bang my head into a brick wall if it were my team. But don't do that. That would feel almost as bad as Tom Brady feels after all those sacks.


And credit where credit is due, Teen Demon's been saying all season he'd win the Superbowl. You called it, baby.


They won't be calling Eli "little brother" any more. Go Giants, you guys deserve it.

18 comments:

Red Seven said...

I knew you'd be a happy girl ... Congrats! By the way, the play was fantastic. (Sorry - I am what I am.)

more cowbell said...

And by play, I'm assuming you're referring to that last touchdown by the Giants. Thanks for the love.

Red Seven said...

No, I mean that the Shakespeare Theatre was afraid no one would come to their 7:30pm show, so they were selling tickets for $10, and so I went to the theatre with all the other football widows and homosexuals.

But I was rooting for the Giants with my inside voice, as promised, just for you. I'm sure that's what tipped the scales in their favor.

yellowdoggranny said...

buddha_girl is another giants fan..i know she is still screaming..what is weird..i had a friend 2 days before the game tell me she 'saw' the score of the game and it was 17-14 giants..i emailed buddhagirl and she was so excited..and damn if my friend wasn't right..how cool is that..
it was a terrific game..probably the best superbowl i have ever seen...exciting right to the last 1 second...happy for you, and happy for the giants..

more cowbell said...

Red: And yes, I'm sure it was your inside voice cheering that made Eli so fierce.

YDG: Oh, wasn't it just the best game? I mean, not just because the Giants won, but that was some seriously good football. Yes, I do love to see the underdogs win. I'm not really a hard core Giants fan or anything, but the Packers stopped our run, and I've never liked them. It was nice to see the Giants come from below and knock off the Cheesers. (and yes ... sorry Granny ... but I did like seeing them win against the Cowboys.) For them, one of the lowest seeded teams to make it to the Superbowl, and knock off the supposed best team in history ... that was just some awesome football. Their defense kicked ass, and they really just pulled it out. Now next year ... go Seahawks!

RG said...

Congrats on your underdog team winning the Superbowl.

Tom Brady is dead to me. hahahaha

sageweb said...

That was the best game in a long time. I loved it! So down to the last second. I am happy to go to work today and smirk at the New England fans. I will only rub it in as much as they rubbed it in when the Seahawks lost.

evilganome said...

It doesn't really matter. Here in Boston we will be listening to the armchair quarterbacks for the next 2 months until (my favorite) baseball season starts. I really need to move out of this city.

whimsical brainpan said...

"That would feel almost as bad as Tom Brady feels after all those sacks"

LOL!

It was an awesome game! The Giants deserved that hard fought win.

more cowbell said...

RG: Thanks for the gracious congrats. And sorry about your boy. Pretty is as pretty does, and all that.

But you know I can't let you off the hook for calling the Giants "pussies" last week. Smack talking goeth before the fall, sweetcheeks.

SW: Yes, it sure was some good football, wasn't it? And exactly ... I think the Patsies fans will have some cock knocked out of their walk this week.

Evil-G: yes, you'll have to listen to all the excuses from here to eternity. But hey, it would've been worse for you if they'd have won. That's ok, everybody's probably gearing up for the Sox already.

Whim: It was a great game, on so many levels -- fantastic superbowl. I'm really happy for the Giants.

Sling said...

Like so many others,I just assumed the Patriots would win..I've never been so pleasantly wrong in my life!
Kudos to Teen Demon!..Now,who does she like in the third race at Del Mar??

more cowbell said...

Sling --- TD's response: "Del Mar? What's that? Um ... the 7th one. He should go with the 7th one."

Yeah, she tagged Eli to win the bowl based on the fact that "he's hot, he's bomb, he dominates. Eli's awesome." So there you have it. So if you know a hot, awesome race car driver who dominates and drives the 7th car ... go with that one.

Hope that helped.

more cowbell said...

Sling: Unless Del Mar is horses. Then you should go with the 7th horse with a hot awesome dominating jockey.

Yeah, you can tell we're not a racing family.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you guys are all talking about sports. I'll come back later.

more cowbell said...

Sorry JP. But it is hot men in tight pants, grappling around together ... does that help?

Elizabeth said...

I'm with EG - is it baseball season yet? (I'm sorry, but if you want to talk about men in tight pants, pitchers have seriously hot butts and they stand still so you can examine the goods!) But even I was happy that the Giants upset the applecart. My brother, who lives in New York, is such a happy boy that he actually went to the ticker tape parade.

evilganome said...

Time to move on, or do you want another opera post. I'll do it!

more cowbell said...

Elizabeth -- you're back! I hope you're feelingn better and are not posting from the depths of your blankets and Kleenex. Baseball ... meh.

Siglende -- Hold onto your skirts, I'm working on it, I'm working on it! Sheesh.