11 August 2007

Hats Off!

OK kids, this is just a quickie. Oh do not even give me that attitude -- everyone needs a good quickie now and again. In fact, I am long overdue for one.

Anyway, I don't have much time, and there's a reason for that. Three guesses where I'm going today. No, I am not going to Honey's on 99. Sheesh. OK, here's a hint:

photo credit: Corsets and Crinolines

No, I am not going to High Tea with the Queen. Forget her, I am going to pay a visit to The Hat. I'm aflutter with excitement. Of course, I am a bit worried about seeming out of place. The only hat I have is my Seahawks ball cap. Well, no matter. What it lacks in feathers, it certainly makes up for in spirit. And, I have procured the perfect wine. Well, okay, the wine might suck ass, who knows, but it's all about the bottle. Just ask Lorraine. She got a fish vase out of the deal. I do not have a piscine bottle, but I think this will fit the bill.

And Hat, I have a confession to make. Better it come out now, than on your doorstep. I know I told you that I really do look like that blue tile Goddess in my profile pic, that it really was my picture. Okay, that was sort of a lie. I'm sorry. But to prove that I did once have a suitable hat, and so I won't be a complete and utter stranger, here is a pic. I'm the one on the left of the bar, holding the whip. (Just add about 40 pounds, and there you go.



So, I must away -- I still have to wear the canines out at the park before I leave, run to the store, shower so as not to offend, print out my map, and tend to the rabbit. Now where's that whip ...

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

Have fun!

Sling said...

Have a blast!...and take pix.

Doralong said...

Have fun- take many pics and you girls don't end up in the pokey or anything!

Anonymous said...

Oh goody! Cowbell's bringin' the whip! Huhshah! (snap) Love the hat!

Love, The Hat

Red Seven said...

Twelve more shades of envy just washed over poor lil' ol' me, sittin' here in the Nation's Capital.

Not that I'm not having fun tonight. Friend Sallie and I are driving to Annapolis where we'll walk around the Inner Harbor and drool over the buff young pups who get their schoolin' at the US Naval Academy.

Hello, sailor!!

more cowbell said...

In the words of Emily Saliers: Thanks, y'all!

Red: I hate you. Tell the sailors I said Ahoy. Brat.

OK, to the Batmobile!

QuakerJono said...

Have a good one. And nice foot extension, also. Ballet lessons?

rosemary said...

Have so much fun you can hardly stand it!

Citymouse said...

wow!!! i have the same whip!

Anonymous said...

have you been tending to the fish too?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think it's for the best that only 2 or 3 of us will ever be in the same place at the same time, because anymore than that, and well, someone's gonna be in the pokey. And it's not gonna be just me.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a blast, and purchased a new camera to document the part-a-a-y. I hope you use the whip on the jackass that beats his wife in Hat's building...

Traveling Matt said...

look at you and your bevy of broads!

Anonymous said...

Okay, just saw your pics at Hat's place! DAYAM! You are a fine looking woman. Glad the two of you had so much fun, and I am eagerly awaiting your take on it, and your pics! Hat didn't post any of herself, so I am hoping you will.