Just ... why?
Why would a foreign language instructor assign her class to write a paragraph about "a place you'd like to go", when we haven't yet learned future tense, and we're supposed to be practicing two different past tenses that we HAVE learned? I mean -- and I'm just coming up with this off the top of my head here -- wouldn't it have been better to write about a place we've been?
Just wondering.

7 comments:
Well, if it was a highschool class in Turkey, you would ask why. If it was a high school class in the States, you would do the work, turn it in on time and get a B. If it is a college class, your screwed....
get your money back.
Because your foreign language instructor is a dope, that's why.
Mouse: college. I just wrote the damn thing.
Laurent: I get the tuition reduction as an employee, so I'd look pretty petty asking for my 25 bucks back this late in the quarter.
RG: HA - actually, no, she's very nice and cares about her students. She's apparently an excellent ESL teacher. This is the problem with (1) the economy's effect on K-12 and higher ed, and (2) schools and college not hiring native speakers to teach foreign language classes whenever possible. It seems that's a twofer: get an ESL specialist to do double duty. It's ok though -- next quarter my original instructor, who's a native speaker, is teaching Span III!
As a young boy,I dreamed of taking a raft down the Mississippi River,just like Tom and Huck..Free from the polite restrictions imposed by disapproving grown-ups,and subject only to the whims of chance.
..Would a paragraph like that work?
The word Loco comes to mind...or how about strano/a....I used my Italian dictionary for that one.
Post a Comment