08 January 2008

Hit & Run Guy, I Hate You

Someone slammed my car on the freeway hell known as I-5 this morning, and took off like a bat out of jail.

Motherfucker!

Broke my entire bumper all the way across and dented the hatchback door. I still have no idea why this accident even happened. I was taking the Bohemian to the airport. We were in the express lanes, separate from the main highway, the commuters hadn't taken over yet, so traffic was very light. The cars in front of me were the length of a football field away. No one beside me on either side, I was in the middle lane. All of a sudden

BAM!

with no warning at all. Out of the friggin' blue.

Someone rear ended me - HARD - in the middle of the goddamn freeway, with no traffic to speak of! I hadn't braked, there are no turn offs. Did he fall asleep? Was he drunk? Maybe he came flying over the hill of the bridge and didn't see us? But the hill isn't that steep - he would've had time to see us. And even if not, traffic was so light, he could've easily moved to one of the other lanes. We were on the lower level of the bridge, so even weather was not a concern.

WTF, people?

He moved to the right of us, we looked at each other through the windows. He had no front license plate ... uh-oh Sheriff Taylor, something's fishy in Mayberry. He looked like he was saying something to us, we both slowed down (me cursing like a banshee, of course), he got back behind me on the shoulder. Fine. I continued, slowly, toward the end of the bridge, because only an idiot stops on a bridge in the dark with the commuters coming. He kept falling farther and farther behind, still on the shoulder. I thought, damn, he must've fucked up his car, but Red Flag #2 started flapping inside my skull as he fell farther back, so I stopped, just before the end of the bridge.

All of a sudden, the Bohemian says, "Hey, that's him! He's leaving!" The asshat ripped over to the far left, and took the hell off. Bastard! Betcha a dollar he's uninsured. Because who takes the risk of pulling a freaking hit and run, hello, unless you're uninsured?

Holy fuckmonsters, people, I really would like to know what the hell I've done to knock my karma so far out of whack. Why does this random shit keep happening? I mean, a freeway pileup, I could see. An on-ramp accident, ok. Crowded freeways, a merging incident, something. Who the hell rear-ends someone on an open freeway straight-away? What is that? It was so odd, I thought maybe he was a serial killer, but if he were a serial killer, he wouldn't have left. No, he'd have already finished me off with a nice Chianti and fava beans by now.

The Bohemian got the license plate - we're 98% sure it was him. It was dark, so I guess there is the possibility that he doused his lights at the exact instant someone else flew from the right lane over to left at a high rate of speed. With my current run of luck, that may well be exactly what happened.

No witnesses stopped. Of course they didn't. Probably the folks behind didn't realize what happened anyway, to be fair. Again, who the hell even does some shit like that?


Given that the Bohemian still needed to catch her flight, and we were sitting on the side of the freeway in the dark with the commuters coming, no perp and no witnesses, there was nothing to do but head to the airport. Talked to a police officer there who advised me to call the State Troopers, which I've done. I'm waiting for their callback, which they say may not happen for a day or two. WTF?

So basically, I'm still on the hook for my deductible. $500. Fuck. Add that to the upcoming cost of Batman's dental work, and I'm looking at $1000 bucks. This month. 'Tis the season to shake my fist and curse the Fates or the Furies or whoever keeps hitting this flashing neon target on my back.


So,

Dear Uninsured Hit & Run Spawn of Satan's Asshole Guy,

I fucking hate you. You're a selfish, irresponsible, dangerous asshole. I hope your engine falls out. I hope I get to pick you out in a line up and throw tomatoes and hungry leeches at you. I hope you catch crabs that climb into your ass and breed. I hope you and your mean aggressive horrible dog that I don't feel sorry for both break your teeth this month. I hope your toilet backs up and floods your house. While you're sitting on it. I hope your oven explodes. Because that $500 you just yanked out of my wallet, simply because you are a selfish parasite on the asshole of humanity, needs to come out of your own ass tenfold, to teach you to be a decent human being. You just don't do that shit to people. Golden Fucking Rule, assmeister. I hope your mother finds out and bitch slaps you for being a sorryass loser. I fucking hate you.

Cracked Bumper Chick

25 comments:

sageweb said...

You should go down to the state troopers office and fill out an accident report. (don't wait for them)If you have the plate numbers they can go check the guys car out for damage before he hides it.

Hope you and your daughter are alright. You have a chance of having neck pain later if he hit you hard enough.

Take a deeeeep breath.

sageweb said...

Oh and the neck pain I am not trying to scare you. I am just trying to discourage you from doing gymnastics for the next few days.

more cowbell said...

Sageweb: I've already spoken w/ the trooper and sent photos/info. He's going to use the plate to find the vehicle, but unfortunately, they can't prove who was driving the vehicle. So basically all you have to is say you weren't driving. If he's uninsured - which, judging by his behavior - i'm pretty sure of that - that's that. If the vehicle is insured, then maybe I can recover the deductible.

And no worries on that gymnastics thing. Please. At this point I probably can't even touch my toes. My dad was a cop, so he always drilled that into us, about the soreness the next day or two, ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh damn, Cowbell! That truly sucks ass (in a bad way RG)! People pull that shit on us all the time in parking lots, but on a friggin' freeway? He was probably hunkered down taking a hit off a pipe and didn't even see you until he hit you. Motherfucker. Hope they bust his ass, and that he was driving an insured vehicle (hopefully his old man's). I really did enjoy your comment about the ass crabs though. I was trying to remain all anger faced but that one made me break character. You have a way with words dear.

Anonymous said...

Dangit all to hell! Can't a gal catch a break?!?
I wish I could find him for ya and go a little "Matrix" on his a$$!
I am glad that you two are OK, and that at least your car is drivable!

RG said...

What a pendejo-puto-cabron!

evilganome said...

I hope his already microscopic dick dries up and falls off!

Damn woman. You had better be up for some serious good karma after all this shit. I mean enough is enough!

Good things have got to start happening. Cause I said so. Because I'm the grownup, that's why!

Kimberly Ann said...

I am glad to hear you guys are ok. That absofrickinglutely sucks. This year better bring some good luck your way because you've had enough bad for a long long time.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd be the one to say this but... I'm wondering if Washington is not the place for you. Seriously. Since you moved here it's just been one random horrible thing after another. Like the Universe is saying, "Yo, Bell! Get thee the fuck out'a Dodge already".
I am sooooooo glad you two are otherwise alright. Damn.

Citymouse said...

I hate shit like this. I never get it-- cause there is no reason in the world i would ever do something like that unless my kid was bleeding to death in the seat next to me, and then I'd still look for the person I hit.

Im going to send some good mojo your way.. I dont have much of mine own, but your welcome to it.

Boy About Town said...

Hey there! I just wanted to let you that google blocked me outta my blog for all of Sunday! I got an email from Google saying that my blog might be a spam blog?! The email said it was most likely a mistake and they were working it out? I have no idea what that means!!! After a full 24 hours without access to my "blogging buddies", I of course include you in this group cause I love ya,they just opened my blog up without another word! Wierd huh? Have you ever heard of such a thing?

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you and the Bohemian are ok.

I'm sorry Cowbell. This sucks hard.

Red Seven said...

This is awful, but I fucking loved your open letter to the asshole you rear-ended you. Fucking ... LOVED ... it.

The non-sexual crush continues. Sorry you're having such a shitty month.

(Why am I cursing so much? I think it's vicarious anger. Bastard.)

Sling said...

They can't prove who was driving the vehicle???..Well of course not!
That would involve ,..I don't know..ASKING A QUESTION OR TEN!..
"Where were you?"
"Who has access to the vehicle?"
"Why do you have that bandage on your nose,dickweed?"...stuff like that.
I'm glad you and RB weren't seriously injured Belle...

more cowbell said...

Tater: Damn it, I hadn't even thought of that! Crack smoking motherfucker. Bastard! May his ass crabs have an allergic reaction to crack and grow teeth.

Kamrin: Oh, I would pull up a chair and make popcorn to see you go Matrix on his ass.

RG: Igen, pontosan! Faszfej!

EvilG: Yeah, I thought I was the grown up too, but now all I want is my mom to come in and fix everything like she used to. I don't wanna be the mom anymore.

KA: Yeah. 2008 was supposed to be better.

Hat: I know. It's like my Amityville Horror. It looks so beautiful, but apparently I'm a splinter in WA's ass. I think it's my punishment for not embracing the gloom. Fuck.

Mouse: I know, I was just talking about that w/ the son. Just knowing what it's like to worry about money, I couldn't damage someone's car like that and leave, even if I knew I could get away with it. I mean, yes, I'd be mad at myself, yes, I'd be pissed about getting off the money, but if you fuck up and damage someone's car, you step up and do the right thing. Golden Fucking Rule, people, is that too damn much to ask? Geez.

Boy: Blogger is a fickle bitch. You'll learn to live with it. And curse. If you get stuck for words, just read this post.

Whim: thanks, Whim. It sure does suck hard. I'm still feeling really pissy and just ... very discouraged.

Red: I'll tell you why you're fucking cursing so goddamn much, it's from reading my bitter pissed off diatribe about jerkoff drivers who drive with their thumbs up their asses. Fuck.

Anyway, the fact that you still love me in the midst of my bitter bitchery means a lot. *sniff*

more cowbell said...

Sling: I know, right? I know his grill is fucked up. Find a bigass SUV with this particular LICENSE NUMBER, hello, with a fucked up grill, no front license plate, and see how many guys have access to it meeting this particular description. Goddamn. My dad was a cop, give me that notebook, move out of the way, Officer Donuts!

more cowbell said...

Sling: PS: Thanks, "dickweed" was just the word I was looking for.

Elizabeth said...

No, No, No! I'm so sorry this crap Keeps happening! I think maybe you should find that hotass Canadian with his winter home in Mexico quick!

yellowdoggranny said...

im with sageweb..go down there and fill out the form..you could be waiting for ever for them to show up..
I firmly believe in what goes around..comes around..hope his comes around is a big ass semi...

Willym said...

My first thought is - are you guys okay?

Second is find the mother fucker and screw his ass to the wall. Ass crabs and all.

And its just too damned bad you can't actually send the SOB that letter.

rosemary said...

OK, He shoots to the top of the list way above the plow driver asshole. Way above. Oh, cowbell, I wish I knew some way to make that black cloud move on. I think it is GW... and global warming....both of which/whom are so very dark. I have a doll and pins...just give me the word and I'll start sticking. Just glad you are both OK. That is all that really matters. His payback will come soon.

Traveling Matt said...

oh my friend cowbell! sigh.

rodger said...

Holy Shit MC...this is serious suckage! It's times like this when a little car top, fully rotational bazooka would come in handy.

I'm going to take a huge withdrawal from my karma bank and send it your way. You certainly need it more than I do right now.

And...I'm with Eric and tater when it comes to reading your letter. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Sorry.

more cowbell said...

Elizabeth: No kidding. Where's my friggin' Prince Charming?

YDG: I already filled out the report, and have been working w/ a Trooper. Yeah, that was productive. Fuckers.

Willym: I know. When I get the copy of the report, I'm considering staking out his house my own damn self.

Rosemary. You're right. Dubya is behind this. But no, sadly, Assdriver will not be getting payback of any kind. See next post. Fuckers.

Monica: Thanks, dude.

Rodger: I'm generally not into violence, but a bazooka sounds good now. Yeah, too bad the asshat will never read it himself. Fucker.

Lorraine said...

Oh, dude, late to the party and I'm sooooo sorry! Stupid asswipe...