12 October 2008

The Countdown Continues

You would think that I'd be posting more than ever right now, with all the current political goings-on. You would think the past few months would've provided enough fodder for non-stop bitching up in here. A rant a day. No. This whole Grampy McSame and his hypocrite Barbie-girl sidekick is just more than I can stomach. Every time I think about getting a good old Cowbell rant on, my heart threatens palpitations at the mere thought of Team McFreak running this country. Because you know after they're sworn in, she'd be slippin' him some poison also, and end up being Mayor in Chief of the whole goshdurn country, just leadin' the good people of this great land, also.

If I hear ALSO come out of her empty head one more time, I'm going to pull my hair out, also.

The hypocrisy is just amazing. All of it, the big issues, the scandals, the little dramas. Just today I was amazed that after all the Right's shrieking to LEAVE THE KIDS OUT OF IT, Palin admitted dressing her youngest daughter, Piper, in a Philadelphia Flyers jersey, and bringing her out on the ice to "drop the puck" for the start of the team's season, in order to quell the expected booing from the crowd.

But what I thought I’d do is I’d put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!

What? I guess using your little kid as a political prop is OK when it benefits you. But don't bring it up, Dems! The kids are off-limits! And yeah, the crowd still booed. No tomatoes though.

I don't often have occasion to use the words flabbergasted or aghast, but the past few weeks have found me existing in a constant state of flabbergastedness. Like when the good Guv'nuh says she's so happy that the Tasergate (Yeah, that's Troopergate for the rest of the world) investigation cleared her of all legal wrongdoing. Whaa...? That's what she got out of it? What about her schtick of reforming and changing politics as usual? What about not understanding how those Washington Insiders do things? What about ETHICS?

Sometimes I even wake up aghast in the middle of the night, with questions such as, "Did they really say that Obama is putting personal ambition ahead of the country? Seriously?" Listen honey, take a look in the mirror, mmm-kay? Or, "Are they really saying Obama is going to screw me on taxes, when they want to tax my health care benefits?" Yeah, that'll help Joe Six Pack, tax his health care benefits. IF he has health care benefits, that is. Or how about this bit about the Right now crying about voter fraud -- WTF? I'm sorry, did you guys miss what was happening on YOUR end during the last two elections? Ohio? Florida? Hypocrites!

I think the McCain campaign strategy is to line up their own fuck-ups and shortcomings on a sheet of paper each day, then cross out their own names and write in "Obama". It's ridiculous.

Every time they come out with more bullshit, I'm left thinking, "Wait, wasn't it THEM who did that shit, not Obama?" I mean, come on, the Troopergate investigation -- which, in my mind, is between the people of Alaska and their governor so the McCain campaign needs to butt the hell out -- finds that she abused power, McCain's got that whole Keating 5 deal in his closet, McCain fucked around on his first wife after she became disabled and gained weight from an accident and ended up marrying his mistress who just happens to be an heiress who could finance his political campaigns ... and they want to trot out character? Seriously? They screech about the Troopergate investigation being "partisan and unfair" (even though the Legislative Council had 10 Republicans to 4 Democrats), but then they turn around and drag out this tired Ayers story a month before the election, and they don't see THAT as "politically motivated", they don't see that as a "smear tactic"? Hypocrites.

The whole thing is just crazy. And this new bit about their rally crowds turning all scary ala the old school lynch mobs or Nazi crowds ... all joking aside, that's frightening. I mean really. Things have turned an ugly corner. They are squealing about terrorism and stirring up their base with the fear stick -- you know, kind of like the Bush administration did over those non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction that turned out to be a LIE. They know exactly what they're doing, also. They know how to push the buttons of that crowd, and they were very skillful at doing it while simultaneously disavowing the inevitable responses.

They are deliberately creating an us-them dynamic, and not based on issues, based on who we are. Patriot or not. And if not, you're probably a terrorist. Not a real American. "He doesn't think like we do." We? Who's "we", Sarah? If you're not with us, you're agin' us. Sound familiar?

This wide-eyed surprise at their crowds' ugly responses is phony. This line about "we don't condone those statements" and how the campaign may have gotten a bit out of control, but John McCain himself didn't know anything about it is straight up bullshit. For one thing, these aren't amateurs here, people, these are professionals, campaign experts hired to do a job, they know exactly the effect it would have on the racist, uber-religious FOX-news following portion of their base. And as far it being the campaign and not McCain himself? Bullshit. Who's in charge over there? Is this how McCain would handle the presidency? "Oh, damn, I didn't know Palin was going to invade Pakistan ... she must've gotten a little enthusiastic there, and things got a bit out of control, but my friends, I didn't personally know anything about this, and I don't condone this action".

Oh, well, it's ok then, if he says he didn't know about it.

And do not even try to sell me on this newest thing where McCain "defends Obama", brought on by some ignorant woman at his rally who said she couldn't trust Obama because he's "an Arab". McCain corrected her by saying no ma'am, in fact, Obama is "a decent family man", not an Arab. WTF? So ... what, Arabs aren't decent family men? The crowed booed him even for that lame-ass veiled statement. So he gets the best of both worlds. He gets the press saying he took the high road to defend Obama, but his crowd stays riled up, secure in the notion that Arabs are not decent family men.

Oh, and he only rose to this defense after days of him and Palin blatantly ignoring the frenzied shouts of Terrorist! and Kill him! and Off with his head! in their rallies. No, that was fine and dandy until their polls started sliding even faster, then all of a sudden they needed to rein in their supporters. Not impressed -- you correct that shit because it's wrong, not because your ratings are falling. Hypocrite.


Anyway, as you can see by this long-winded diatribe, I can't even write coherently about this, in fact, I can't take time to write about it much at all, because I"m spending what little online time I have checking every available source to see what's going on with this mess of an election. I'll be glad when it's over.

Plus, I'm having major internet problems the past few weeks, and don't have time to find out what the hell is wrong with Comcast this time. My connection drops like every 15 minutes. Bastards.

Too lazy to link, but you all get on the Googles and read about the latest PalinGate story -- looks like there may have been some impropriety and campaign kickbacks and links to the infamous Wasilla Sports complex with ... the building of her house. That's right folks, the scandals just don't stop in Palin Land. Check out Mudflats or the Village Voice or Daily Kos, it's starting to make the rounds ... it would be nice if they could uncover some facts before the election, but you know the McCain Campaign will be up there scrubbing everything.

Well, I've got a test to study for, still need to run to Costco, get gas, do laundry, and I'm still working fairly long hours (but that's getting better), have mega meetings with my advocacy group, the city and the commission, but that should slow down somewhat too. And you all know the Rainy Season cometh to this part of the globe, so of course at that time I will be holed up in This Old Motherfucking House with my computer and will return to the blog world with much more regularity.

I'm not proofreading. Less than a month to go ... VOTE.

8 comments:

RG said...

I have this picture in my mind of you, sitting on your bed, laptop open, furiously typing away, trying to post as fast as you can before your Comcast internet connection shits the bed.

Don't worry - we're going to vote - often and early. :)

And just so you know I care: Go Seahawks!

yellowdoggranny said...

whistling, throwing confetti in the air..
you betcha!....im so disgusted with those people i don't know if i sould shit or go blind..vote vote vote.

sageweb said...

I am a big mudflats whore..can't believe the stuff that doesn't make the main stream media.

I am going to vote as often as they let me.

more cowbell said...

RG -- you have no idea. Every time the connection drops I have to get up, unplug the router, plug it back in, and start all over again. And yeah, what the hell is up w/ my boys?? It's because I've been too busy to pay them much attention this year, isn't it? And then, my own daughter sits in my house rooting for that puppy Eli a couple of weeks ago. Traitor.

Granny --I know, they're seriously giving me a case of Campaign Rage. How do they get away with this shit?? I mean, come on, they even stole Obama's slogan -- how do you do that and get away with it? Change?? Are you serious?

Sageweb: Me too. Like last week Olbermann finally started reporting on the Alaska Independence Party -- Mudflats had that story what, a month or more ago? Now THAT'S the story the Repubs and the redneck crowd need to hear, seriously. That would show them a side of their precious li'l gal that would sober them up right quick. Talk about unAmerican ...

rosemary said...

Just glad you are furious too. The capper for me was talking to a casual neighbor friend in the grocery store and of course the election came up......she went the middle name route and some crap about Kadafi calling Obama a "Muslim brother." I am sure my house will be bombed because I finally have the guts to stand up for what I believe when I told her Obama was my candidate.

Elizabeth said...

Well that was a good old fashioned Cowbell rant! Blew the cobwebs right out of my head and cleared my sinuses! Thanks.

If Obama doesn't win we are all going to be in such deep shit that the shit we've been in for the last eight years will seem benign. After Palin got the nod for VP I had a yardsale for Obama and raised over $600 for the campaign. And I tithe monthly. And I pray that the "Bradley effect" has faded and that some shred of sanity will express itself on Nov. 4th.

Anonymous said...

How's this for a bumper sticker...
"I've got a country first boner for Joe the Plumber and it won't go down." :)

superdave524 said...

Excellent rant. And I did vote. SC got at least one Obama vote, also.