01 December 2006

100 (or whatever) Things About Me

What the hell, gotta do the "100 Things". Besides, bullet lists are so much easier than actually writing about myself. (can't get the actual numbers to work. Something in the HTML)

Random shit about me:

  • I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
  • Lilacs are my favorite -- I could probably get a good buzz going from lilacs and cut grass.
  • I'm politically progressive.
  • I am so NOT a morning person.
  • I tend toward extremes. Not one for middle-ground in anything.
  • I have no patience for the -isms.
  • Yes: I'm intolerant of intolerance. I have a real hard time with the Redneck Mentality and the Bible Thumper Mentality. I know that's intolerant. Sue me.
  • I'm really happy that red wine and dark chocolate have been proven to be good for you.
  • I HATE being cold.
  • I don't like organized religion.
  • It annoys me that the most fanatical people in all religions seem to be the ones fucking everything up.
  • I'm either doing nothing or multitasking like a manic freak.
  • I am shamelessly addicted to coffeeshop coffee. It's too expensive to buy it as often as I want it.
  • I have a cowlick right in the middle/front of my hair that drives me nuts.
  • I'm Aries, barely. By a matter of hours. Cusping with Pisces.
  • Raised in the Midwest. Breadbasket of America.
  • One sister: 2 years younger
  • My mom and dad are still married to each other.
  • Single Mom of teenagers. Two daughters, one son.
    (See
    Several Things About the Offspring)
  • I have 2 Labradogs. Both shelter adoptees.
  • I like big dogs. Little dogs generally annoy me.
  • My favorite dogs are the 2 Great Danes we had when I was in junior high.
  • Spent most of my adult years in Germany and Hungary.
  • Lived 2 years in Atlanta. In an interracial family. Made it out.
  • Currently live near Seattle, aka The Left Coast.
  • I miss heat. It may drive me friggin' insane.
  • I once wore combat boots for the US Army.
  • I had a Top Secret SBI security clearance.
  • The full name of that clearance is still classified.
  • I had hoped the military would turn me into a morning person. It didn't.
  • I'm right-handed.
  • Things I do left-handed: use my computer track-ball, shoot an M-16.
  • Served several tours as an Army wife, aka "Military Dependent" (The military no longer calls them "Dependents". They are now "Family Members.")
  • My military training and security clearance didn't mean shit once I became a "Dependent".
  • I am no longer a wife. Nor am I dependent.
  • I am the spawn of Republicans. Far-Right ones.
  • My mother was once a bleeding heart liberal fringe-wearing, sign-carrying, war-protesting, far-out, genuine Hippie.
  • I was once a religious zealot.
  • I was once a sign-language interpreter. I've forgotten most of it.
  • I was once fluent in German. I've lost most of it, but when in Germany, it comes back quickly.
  • I learned that Hungarian is about 1,000 times harder than German.
  • I love boots and sandals. Not much in between.
  • I expected to hate NYC, but absolutely loved it.
  • I like to sing harmonies.
  • I friggin' hate going to the grocery store.
  • I am a secret member of the grammar and punctuation police.
  • Casual writing, however, is not subject to all the rules therein.
  • I'm somewhat of a TV-snob, but secretly like stupid movies like Napoleon Dynamite.
  • I love to read.
  • I'm probably the most anti-smoking person ever.
  • I love tequila. Salt+Lemon or Cinnamon+Orange.
  • I have a self-imposed 2-shot Tequila Limit. (Except in the comfort of my own home. )
  • I have been a vegetarian for 9 years.
  • I still eat seafood. Some say that means I'm not a vegetarian.
  • My parents love me and are proud of me. Despite my religious and political "shortcomings".
  • My parents are funny as hell.
  • I wish I lived closer to my parents. In a Blue State.
  • If I won the Lottery I'd open a dog rescue/day-care. For big dogs.
  • I wish I didn't procrastinate so much.
  • I don't generally fit in with the Soccer-Mom crowd.
  • None of my close friends have kids.
  • Almost all of my close friends live very far away. I miss them.
  • I'm currently single. I like not having to shave my legs.
  • I used to fantasize about being like Samantha on Bewitched.
  • If I was Bewitched, I could wiggle my nose to magically be showered with shaved legs.
  • I like being alone. I like being with a bunch of people. It depends on the mood.
  • I do not need a partner to feel complete.
  • I do miss having a partner, sometimes. I don't miss having a husband.
  • I miss being part of a community.
  • I miss partying and going out with friends in Hungary.
  • I feel disconnected here. People are nice and polite but distant.
  • Sometimes I'm really lazy.
  • When I fall in love, I fall in love deeply.
  • I either have very close friendships or just acquaintances.
  • I've had a lot of good sex with some hot sensual people.
  • I have 3 tattoos. You can't generally see them.
  • I love tattoos but regret each of mine for different reasons.
  • I love Indian food. I wish I had the patience to learn to cook it.
  • I worry a lot about retirement.
  • I love hip-hop music, but have issues with lyrics that objectify women or glorify gangs and crime. I feel like a hypocrite, but I still like the sound.
  • I love Early Music, and loved it before Chant got cool in mainstream.
  • I don't like Chant. I love Tallis Scholars.
  • I am generally not into movie stars. BUT...
  • Johnny Depp, Antonio Banderas, and Denzel Washington are fucking hot.
  • I find Angelina Jolie hot as hell.
  • I think the bald guy on Surprise by Design is hot as hell.
  • I can't stand not being able to multitask when I drive.
  • I can be a perfectionist and fixate on things.
  • I sleep with socks on here.
  • I like funky knee socks.
  • I love making Excel spreadsheets.
  • I'm good at it.
  • Unfortunately, I suck at real math.
  • I'm excellent at spelling, however.
  • I work better and feel better with deadlines and some pressure at work.
  • I love looking at maps. Especially the ones that show demographics, trends, percentages, whatever. Cartograms are interesting as hell.

2 comments:

The Witty Mulatto said...

You forgot to mention that Cesar is hot, too!

Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm about 6 months late, but whatever. I identify with SO many of your "things", like the grammar and punctuation police thing, the boots & sandals and not much in between thing, the hating the grocery store thing, the ex-military wife thing, the being alone and with people mood thing, the hip-hop music thing, the not being able to multi-task while driving, the deadlines/pressure making you work better thing, the excellent spelling thing, and the bald guy on Surprise by Design being hot thing. And a lot of the other things except the tattoo part, the single parent part, the sucking at math part (I don't), and the perfectionist part.

Anyway, great blog. Off to "catch up".