18 February 2008

East End Boys & West End Girls

I Need More Cowbell is going on haitus. Sort of.


I've joined a cult. No, I've not been converted by the likes of Tom Cruise or the Mittster. It's more like a Cyber Cult of the Crazy. In a good way.

Apparently, I do, in fact, need more cowbell.

I am a member of a no-longer-secret society known as East End Boys & West End Girls. That's right folks, I'll be mixing it up at that mythical cyber entity known as A Group Blog. That bright-eyed kitschy little lass up there is who you will see representing me over in my new digs. (So no, this post actually has nothing to do with smashing the white racist, homophobic, patriarchal bullshit paradigm. But you know I'll get to that eventually.)

I, however, unlike my esteemed colleagues (damn but that gives the whole venture a professional ring), am reluctant to completely give up my Cowbell site. It probably says something about me at a deeper level; all sorts of theories come to mind, involving independence, latent OCD issues, bridge burning, and not leaping into new situations before I look, measure, and consider heavily over red wine. Probably though, it has more to do with the fact that I'm still a relatively new blogger, and haven't yet reached the "OK, what now?" point. It also could have something to do with the fact that I still need a place to shamelessly post Barack Obama pictures in my sidebar.

So, in typical Cowbell fashion, I'm going with the flow. You can find me and my cyber roommates, Auld Hat, Red7Eric, and Maine Gay over at East End Boys & West Girls, but I will still be knocking around this place from time to time. I can't tell you when or why, as I'm basically blogging by the seat of my pants. (Which, by the way, was one of the many clever blog names we came up with for this venture, which was loads of fun, though it did bring out our anal tendencies.) Probably I'll come here for extreme bitching that might scare my roomies, because y'all know I can get my bitch on, or ... oh who the hell knows. I'm not cutting the strings, and that's about all I can tell you, because that's all I've figured out.

So check us out! I promise you'll find fun and entertainment, and probably naughty bits as well.

Sziasztok!

13 comments:

Doralong said...

Perhaps you still need a personal space? So you can rant about the OMFH?

yellowdoggranny said...

cool, i've always wanted to hang out with a gang..do you have colors and signs for stuff like
touching your elbow if the cops are around?

Red Seven said...

You know I'll be terribly sad if you don't bring on the bitchery over at our new venture ...

Wheeeee ...

more cowbell said...

DL: Do not get me started on This Old Motherfucking House.

YDG: Um ... we wink at each other a lot. Does that count?

Red: Oh, you know it just wouldn't be me without some bitchery, baby.

Sling said...

Great lookin' new site Belle!
I'm gonna get blogger whiplash goin' back and forth.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole group blogging thing, but seeing as how I love each of you individually (except Maine Gay who I haven't read, but am sure I will like), It can't be all bad. Selfishly, I like reading you all as single voices, each with your distinct solitary viewpoints. Besides, I have enough insecurities about not being part of the clique.
*sniff*

Doralong said...

Tate- You can come on over here and hang out with me in the misfits corner...

CB- do at least make with the quick doggie update, nothing horribly dramatic about the trip to the vet I hope!

more cowbell said...

Tater Treat: Damn that's twice in a row you've made me feel the love - you're good. I can understand what you mean -- hell, I get minorly disturbed when someone so much as changes their template, even if I like it. It's like, "But I was comfortable here, I knew this place," Weird, huh?

Well, I think that's one reason I felt so insecure about cutting the apron strings to this place. There are times when I don't blog enough (come on y'all ... you know what i'm talking about ... I've got the stalker emails to prove it) and the group thing seems great --- if I go a week without a new post, there are things being posted from other folks, so the blog isn't just sitting there. But other times, I want to post some little crappy post, that may not really be worth the space over there, or, like in the summer when the sun's out and I'm blogging like a mad woman, I'll have this for my overflow or extraneous thoughts. I'm really not sure what I'm doing. That's how I roll, ha! Thanks for the feedback, seriously. smooches.

DL: I plan to do that today. What the hell is with these canines lately??

whimsical brainpan said...

I'll check out your new digs.

Anonymous said...

WHEEEEEE!

more cowbell said...

Whim -- it's the Fun Zone.

Hat -- Put that thing away, young lady!

Elizabeth said...

consider yourself doubly blogrolled. Glad you'll still be hanging out here sometimes too. See ya!

more cowbell said...

Elizabeth: Thanks, I've heard that from other folks as well, so I feel loved. ;-D