18 October 2009

Just Call Me the Snug Meister.


I bought a Snuggie, people. Yes, as seen on TV. This accursed PNW weather has finally pushed me into the the desperate realm of the oft-maligned Blanket With Sleeves.

I know. I hear you mocking me. It's okay, I understand. Until a few days ago, I was a merciless mocker of Snuggies myself. Besides, the offspring beat you to it. They were first, second, and third in the mockery line. And you know those kids were raised on the milk of sarcasm, so it's been more like running the damn mockery gauntlet around here.

It's all good though. Mock away, bitches, this thing is warm. I mean warm. Like swine-flu-fever warm. Like I-have-to-crack-a-window warm. Bite my snug ass, Seattle weather -- go on, bring your best. Rain, sleet, snow, never-ending dampness, go ahead. Because this winter I'm armed with the chocolate brown folds of the sleeved shield of glory. That's right. Just call me the Sleeved Avenger. Yeah, you heard me. Let's go, Seattle weather. Consider yourself served. By a Snuggie. We'll see who comes out ahead this spring.

14 comments:

sageweb said...

I saw those in the store the other day..it was 90F out..not sure if they will sell well in Southern california..THey are the dorkiest things EVER..hahaha

Doralong said...

As long as you promise me to never leave the house in I I swear I won't say a word. Really.

more cowbell said...

Sage: Hey, thanks for stoking my bitterness. Let me just hide in my Snuggie ...

Doralong: You can't really leave the house in it. I'm tall, but this thing is so long, you have to throw it over your shoulder to walk in it. Plus, it's like a furry hospital gown in the back, if you know what I mean - and I think that you do.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Friar Tuck, Robin Hood called. He wants you to pick up Maid Marion at 7.

Mom said...

Sounds warm, cozy, and dorky.

rosemary said...

I got Steve a Slanket....as I said to someone elsed...that must be the whore version of a Snuggie. Steve hates it....the cats sleep on it now.

RG said...

You could've saved a bunch of money buy just putting your bathrobe on backwards. Mock, mock, mock, mock...LOL

The Witty Mulatto said...

Yeah, RG, the other thing you don't know is that she got a new bathrobe of the exact same color and material on the exact same day!

But they have different functions, apparently.

I'm mostly just glad, Cowbell, that you found something to keep the cold out. Hopefully it will brighten your evenings with its fantasy-esque folds.

more cowbell said...

JP: HA! Now where are those damned tights...

Mom: Dorky is in.

Rosemary: A Slanket? Is that like a Slinky? Fun for a girl and a boy?

RG: No can do, Mr. Wiseass. A robe-reversal still leaves one's feet and calves woefully exposed to the winter elements. Also, a robe, by virtue of its v-neck design, allows a chill in the neck and chest region, if worn in the traditional manner.

WM: Listen kid, stop spreading household business on the Internets. Yes, as a matter of fact, they do have different functions. See above. However, if I get desperate enough, I reserve the option of wearing my robe, then putting the Snuggie on over top. Known in some circles as double-snugging it.

The Witty Mulatto said...

Double snugging could be dangerous.

Sling said...

My bedroom is the coldest room in the house by several degrees in the Winter.
I was all set to jump on the mocking bandwagon but,DAMN!..That thing looks warm!

Elizabeth said...

Snuggle up baby! What those mockers don't know is that snuggie fleece has specially been engineered to be impermeable to all their slings and arrows!

Middle Child said...

A snuggie hahahah hoot hoot tee hee - they advertised them all last winter her but you are the first i know to own up to having one...go girl!!!

evilganome said...

I want to mock you, I just don't know where to begin! Bwhahahahaahaaaa!